This recipe is a quick and easy soup similar to Italian Wedding Soup as it features meatballs, noodles, and broth. This is a kid-friendly meal (my daughter loves it) and I can whip this up quickly for a busy night. I hope you enjoy!
Italian Meatball Soup:
2 cans low sodium chicken broth (28 oz)
1 cup water
1 cup penne pasta or shell pasta
16 frozen meatballs
1 cup pizza sauce
1. Begin the recipe by cooking the meatballs according to their packaging. Most meatball packages allow for the option of microwave cooking which is the quickest way to speed along the process if you are short on time.
2. Combine the broth and water in a medium sauce pan and bring to a boil.
3. Once boiled, add the pasta and meatballs. Return to a boil and cook until the pasta is done. DO NOT DRAIN!
4. Reduce heat and stir in the pizza sauce. Cook an additional two minutes or until thoroughly heated.
5. Top with cheese before serving.
Serve this soup with a crusted bread and fresh romaine salad.
This recipe makes 4-6 servings. We always have leftovers for the lunch the next day or two.
2 thoughts on “Monday Menu: Italian Meatball Soup”
This is perfect! I’ve been needing to find some simple meals to make that still are healthy and taste good. I don’t exactly want to be in the kitchen for hours running around after a ten-month old. Thanks for the recipe! 🙂
You’re welcome. It’s a super simple recipe and tasty as well 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person