After such a beautiful weekend of sunshine and warmer temperatures I cannot help but hope that we have seen the last of winter. We’ve consistently seen a week of spring-like weather and so (fingers crossed) my hope will become reality. Although it is not officially spring here in Ohio this weekend I had my personal unofficial kickoff of the season with my first frappucino of 2015. (I only drink frozen drinks in the spring/summer and only after 12pm. I’m kind of OCD about my coffee)
I also ushered in my favorite time of the year with a new Jamberry manicure in bright spring colors. This is only my second ever Jamicure, but I am falling in love. The appeal: long-lasting, non-toxic, low maintenance, cute nails.
As the last of the snow is disappearing and the grass is beginning to resemble the color of life once again I am inspired to begin new projects in the great outdoors. Although I am in love with my fresh nails, I am looking forward to getting my hands dirty and completing some of my latest pinterest-inspired outdoor projects. As the last few weeks of winter were bleak and I was forced into hibernation due to Snowmageddan I sought hope in the gardening inspiration from my pinterest board. Many an hour was spent swiping through pins and blogs in search of ideas to spruce up the yard and bring the bright curb appeal to my abode. I’ve created this yard wish list:
1. Mailbox Makeover: With it’s simple, yet cute landscaping who wouldn’t love this? It looks like an easy way to turn a potential eyesore into something happy and bright. It also makes getting the mail (AKA bills) a little more exciting.
2. Gutter and Side Landscaping:This is our first spring in our home and our first year to complete some of the exterior cosemetics of the place. Although we already have a lot to work with in the front yard, it seems as though the side yards were neglected a bit from previous owners. This project looks a little involved, but even taking a few tips from this blog will help our bare and boring sides of the lot.
3. Front Porch Decor: One of my favorite ways to add curb appeal is to create an ever-changing front porch. Since our arrival in our new home I have changed the front porch decorations to match the seasons. This looks like a cheap and easy way to bring color and life to the front porch.
4. Fire Pit: Our backyard is absolutely bare. No trees. No landscaping. One addition I have been pushing for to begin to bring life to the back yard is a fire pit. Fire pits are welcoming and at times can be romantic. I would love to see one of these in a corner of our yard away from where our daughter plays. I think it would bring some character to the yard and also make us more likely to spend time in the backyard.
5. Porch Extension: Currently our back porch is a slab of concrete. We live in a housing development and the porch is the standard small block not even big enough for two folding chairs and a grill. The way our home sits and the type of yard we have does not easily lend itself to a raised deck or porch so this looks like a cute way to add a little space to the seating area in the back.
Now that I’m inspired and the wheels are turning I’d love to ask: what do you plan to do this spring to ready yourself and your home for the beautiful weather that lies ahead? I’m hoping that if I dream BIG and work HARD some of my wish list will come true.