Over the past two months I have been sharing pieces of my story and my journey as a busy mom with readers from all over the globe. What I started as a therapy for myself has opened doors to relationships in various parts of the world. I was shocked when the first stranger began to follow my blog and my site stats have blossomed beyond belief. Here I am not even through my second month as a part of the blogging community and I am receiving my second award nomination from a fellow reader and blogger.
I am so pleased with the adventure I have begun here in the blogging world. I also am excited over the next few weeks to reveal some new and exciting ideas with those who follow me. So before I begin addressing the award itself and the requirements for nominees I first would like to thank those of you who have made it a habit to keep up with my musings and life through subscribing to my blog, liking my posts, and leaving me comments. There have been days that I’ve felt discouraged, but then received a message from a follower that has helped give me a sense of purpose in this writing realm. So…Thank You!
So here’s the deal:
“The One Lovely Blog Award nominations are chosen by fellow bloggers for those newer or up-and-coming bloggers. The goal is to help give recognition and to also help the new blogger reach more viewers. It also recognizes blogs that are considered to be “lovely” by the fellow-blogger who chose them. This award acknowledges bloggers who share their story or thoughts in a beautiful manner to connect with their viewers and followers.”
I was nominated by Danielle at Way Off Script for this particular award. Danielle and I have exchanged many comments over the past weeks. She is an encouraging follower of my blog and an inspiration as she is raising twin toddlers. Thanks, Danielle.
Those who receive this award must first post seven fun facts about themselves so here are mine:
1. I am married to a British Basketball Free-styler. His globe-trotter like hobby has allowed us many opportunities to travel as a family. He has done professional shows all over the US and England and has a few really cool gigs coming up. Stay tuned to where his talents are taking our family.
2. I am a high school English and World History teacher at a rural school in Ohio. I have my dream job and I love it (most days)
3. I graduated high school early and so I was a fully employed teacher at the age of 20! (That was crazy because I had some students that were only 3 years younger than me at the time)
4. I ran competitively in high school. I qualified for the Ohio state cross country meet two out of four years in high school. I’ve also run two half marathons since high school and would love to complete a full marathon at some point in the future.
5. I love reading young adult fiction and my favorite sub-genre is Science Fiction/dystopian literature.
6. One day I would like to write a novel. This has been a goal of mine for many years and the publishing of this blog is my first step in that direction.
7. I am a coffee addict. I had a casual relationship with coffee until I had my daughter. Now, I’m close to the Lorelei Gilmore status as far as coffee addictions go.
My second task is to nominate up to fifteen other blogs for this award. I don’t know about fifteen since I am still a new blogger, but here are a few of my favorites:
During my time as a blogger I have found inspiration and hope in these blogs. These are all women who write about an array of topics ranging from crafting and fashion to raising toddlers and having victory over mental illnesses. Please take some time show some love to these blogs.
One thing I have grown to love about the blogging community is the positivity and kindness that seems to be contagious. When I choose blogs to follow I look for writers who are genuine and promote a positive message thus making my daily readings inspirational and applicable to my own life. I love being a part of a community of people with a story to tell and the creativity and drive to do so.