To those of you in my writing community I wanted to tune you into a writing contest opportunity that I am taking part in over the next three weeks. This is a short fiction contest put on by Joe Bunting, editor of the blog, the Write Practice. I find this blog and forum to be really helpful to my writing and experience as a newbie who enjoys writing as a hobby.
The contest is entitled Anniversary Contest. Here are some of specifics for those of you who may be considering getting involved:
- The first draft is due by December 29th. It must be submitted to the workshop where other writers will have an opportunity to read, edit, and critique your writing.
- The final draft is due by January 5th.
- It is $20.00 to enter.
- The theme is Creatives (your story must have a character who is a writer, painter, or poet who faces a major conflict.)
- The length is capped at 1500 words.
- All entries submitted via the workshop before the December 29th deadline will be published on the Short Fiction Break. Two runners up will receive $100 and the winner will receive $300.
If you are someone who loves to write and looking for a little motivation or if you are like me and want to be a part of a writing community be sure to check out The Write Practice and more of the guideline for the contest. I enrolled this morning and am looking forward to the opportunity to meet more writers and receive feedback from the community of people who share a similar interest with myself. Let me know if you sign up!