Last Tuesday night we had our final cLife meeting with our current church group. Next month we will begin a new term and our close knit body will be dispersing in different directions. It’s a good thing ultimately because it means we had outgrown one group, but it’s always sad when a good thing comes to an end.
In an act of finality I hosted a family game night. The children played. The dad’s built and sat around the fire pit all while the moms played a few hilarious rounds of Telestrations through whining and injured children, feedings, and countless other interruptions. It was a blast! I have truly gained a second family with my church group and feel blessed to have spent two years in community with each person who has crossed our path.
For the party I tried a new recipe I found on Pinterest. It was a huge hit so I figured why not share it with my blogging community too!?! It may not look like much, but this stuff is addicting and a huge crowd pleaser. Bon Apetit!
Veggie Pizza Appetizer
-2 cans crescent rolls
-4 oz cream cheese, softened
-1/2 cup sour cream
-1 Tb fresh dill, chopped
-2 cups assorted veggies, chopped (broccoli, bell peppers, cauliflower)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine the sour cream, cream cheese, and dill. Stick in the refrigerator to chill.
3. Remove crescent rolls from the can and press into a large rectangle on a non-stick or parchment lined baking sheet. Pinch together all of the seams.
4. Bake for 6-7 minutes or until golden.
5. While the crust is baking, chop all of the fresh vegetables.
6. Spread chilled cream cheese mixture onto the cooled crescent roll crust.
7. Top with vegetables.
8. Cut into appetizer sized pieces.
9. This can be refrigerated for up to an hour before serving.
The Ameri Brit Mom
One thought on “Veggie Pizza Appetizer”
Looks really tasty. What a good snack to share with friends. I remember those days with friends and young children and the happy chaos of getting together!