Hello, Muse, and welcome to Friday [we made it!] I have so much to update you on, but first I must explain today’s post.
I am joining the weekly link-up on Five Minute Friday. This is a community of writers who respond once a week to a common prompt. With the theme in mind we craft an original post over the course of five minutes [which means no pre-planning, no editing, no PERFECTION.] We give ourselves permission to be honest and imperfect. I started doing Five Minute Friday [FMF] posts years ago and I have gotten so much joy from being a part of this collective that I am once again jumping back in.
So here is my five minutes of uninterrupted word crafting…
It’s been a few days since I ventured beyond these four walls. On Tuesday, I was sent home to quarantine after a student in one of my classes was Covid positive. So far, I am feeling fine and I believe my chances of contracting the virus from that student are very low. I did complete a self-administered Covid test yesterday at CVS. I was so nervous, but it really was not too bad.
A few things from my self-administered test:
- It was extremely hard to find a test site.
- Because I was not deemed “critical” I did not qualify for a rapid test.
- I was sent text confirmations for my testing appointment as well as safety guidelines to follow upon arrival.
- The entire test was conducted by ME inside my vehicle. [With my screaming two year old in the backseat]
- I pulled into the CVS drive thru and an employee walked me through the process from her window. My instruments were sent via a drop box, much like a drive-thru bank.
- I had to watch a video about how to swab myself. I was proud of being able to do it well–I wasn’t sure if I would be able to stick the swab far enough on my own. I did though!
- All this to say–it was a rather easy, contact-free, and un-intimidating process.
If you find yourself having to quarantine or test, please know that testing does not have to be scary. If I can do it–so can you!
The Ameri Brit Mom
3 thoughts on “Beyond: Five Minute Friday”
I’m glad you managed the test ok. I haven’t had to do one but it doesn’t look pleasant! Hope it comes back negative and you continue to stay well. Visiting from FMF.
I am so sorry you might’ve contracted COVID, but so glad the test was relatively easy. I had to have one in September (thankfully it was negative) and I found it uncomfortable but definitely manageable. FMF #25
LikeLiked by 1 person
Praying for good news for you, on the test!